Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Adventure Begins

If you know me at all you know that I'm a foodie at heart and, therefore, often love to cook for my family and friends. For me, time in the kitchen is really a way to regroup and decompress from the stress of daily life. You might say it's my way to most quickly get back to the roots of my family and home life.


It's also the way I show that I love and care about the other people in my life. People connect on a different level over a good meal or even a cup of coffee. I have found that people are most likely to share their genuine self with you when food is involved. So, I love spending quality time with a long time friend or new acquaintance over a meal. That time together is really special to me.



Last, but not least, cooking is a creative outlet for me. I'm the type of person who likes to view most rules as "guidelines" and even other rules as "optional". Now, let's be clear here, I'm not talking about those rules that will land you in a jail cell for years at a time. I'm talking about ratios of brown sugar to white sugar in a recipe, or garbanzo beans in chili. Maybe it's best to say that sometimes I think the traditional approach is good and other times I like to blow the doors off of it and define a new approach. My approach.


I've started this blog because a few friends have asked me to do so after trying to keep up with my kitchen centered experiments in other ways. So, here we go. I can't promise that it will always be a perfect ride, but I am hopeful that you will find here something interesting and new with a bit of tradition thrown in for good measure! Let me know what you think. I'm always up for a new challenge.


Hugs ~Lisa B

1 comment: